Best Friends Animal Hospital located in Fort Myers, FL is looking for a Full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
We are a 3 doctor general practice located in the Gateway community of Fort Myers. Our hospital serves upscale clientele from the 10 Gateway communities as well as Fort Myers and Lehigh Acres. We believe in providing quality healthcare for all pets in a warm and welcoming environment, as well as, giving back through involvement with rescue organizations and community outreach. More information at www.bestfriendsanimalhosp.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
· Up-to-date facility with plans to renovate
· 4 exam rooms, 1 dedicated cat exam room, and a comfort room, treatment area, surgery suite, large and small dog wards as well as a dedicated cat ward
· Complete pharmacy –large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments
· In house ECGs with a specialist on call for interpretation when needed
· Digital x-ray for excellent films in seconds with specialist interpretation
· Comprehensive surgery monitoring with CO2, blood pressure, etc.
· Ultra-sonic dental equipment and digital dental x-ray
· Newest version AVI Mark computerization streamlines the management of a client data base of more than 15,000 animals
· In-house laboratory capabilities for selected blood chemistries, urinalysis and sediments, PCV, TP, and various ELISA tests run by technicians. Also close association with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories
· Quarterly off site team building activities to develop clinic community
· Sustainable work-life balance with a flexible schedule
We are conveniently located near the Fort Myers Airport and Jet Blue Stadium, home to the Red Sox spring training. Here you may enjoy beautiful weather year round, beaches, shopping, a plethora of outdoor activities and being a short day trip away from Miami and the Florida keys. In addition to being close to Jet Blue Stadium we are also a short 15 minute drive from Hertz Arena, home to the minor league hockey team the Florida Everblades. Hertz Arena also hosts many concerts and events such as Cirque du Soleil. For the outdoor enthusiasts, we have nature preserves, bike trails that crisscross the city and water sports galore. Water lovers may enjoy fishing for Grouper, jet skiing, boating or just relaxing on beautiful Fort Myers Beach.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in Florida.
· Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
· Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
Internal Number: 4038
About National Veterinary Associates (NVA)
The veterinary profession isn’t like any other—it’s the only field predicated on the love of a patient who can’t tell you what’s hurting and can only look to you for help. It takes a special kind of person to do that job, or the jobs supporting that job. NVA doesn’t create those special people—we find them, cultivate them, and give them resources and opportunities to do what only they can do. Whether treating patients, managing a pet resort, or serving hospitals from NVA’s Support Center, NVA’s animal professionals are caring people, united by a love of animals. NVA is proud to honor that connection and is committed to serving our team members by providing them with the tools, support, and freedom to be the professionals they’ve always wanted to be.