ER DVM needed at Big Sky Animal Medical Center- Great Falls, MT
Big Sky Animal Medical Center
Location: Great Falls, Montana
Type: Full Time
Required Education: DVM or equivalent
Internal Number: 4443
We are interested in speaking to ER Veterinarians!
The mission of Big Sky Animal Medical Center was founded on two main principles: quality care and quality service. Big Sky Animal Medical Center 's goal is to provide complete, accurate and state of the art medical and surgical care and treatment of one's pets. Big Sky Animal Medical Center believes in being progressive and setting trends.
The Big Sky Animal Medical Center's philosophy also focuses on using updated, modern equipment to provide the high standards when caring for your pet. Big Sky Animal Medical Center provides convenient hours and a veterinarian is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergencies.
We offer a variety of services including specialized veterinarian care. From elder care to reproduction services, we are here for all your animal needs.
AAHA Certified since July 2004, Big Sky Animal Medical Center is a multi-service referral center utilizing the latest technology.
Our in-house lab includes IDEXX diagnostic capabilities such as the SNAP® ELISA tests, LaserCyte® Hematology Analyzer and an electrolyte machine. We also have a variety of other in-house testing capabilities.
The ER Associate Veterinarian —under the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Director—carries out our promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
* Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
* The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
* A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
* Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
* Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
* Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
* Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings and complete at least 30 hours of accredited CE per year.
* Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
* Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.