Diamond Veterinary Hospital is searching for a Hospital Administrator to Lead Our Team!
We employ the finest veterinary professional at Diamond Veterinary Hospital to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of kindness and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed.
Diamond Veterinary Hospital has proudly served pets and families across the local community for over 60 years. As an American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited practice, we offer full-service veterinary care and hold ourselves to the highest standards.
The Hospital Administrator is a leader and integral to the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Administrator partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high-quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the hospital's overall operations, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment with department team leads and all support staff. We are looking for a visionary that can assist this high volume/ high growth hospital with its even bigger goals for the future.
Comprehensive salary range of $70,000- $80,000 annually
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
Partners with the Managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
Manages staff and department leads, including grooming and boarding staff if applicable.
Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service.
Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
Oversees that payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
Oversees accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
Oversees the hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
· 5-7 years of experience in an administrative role, including customer service experience and leading a large team.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
· Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
· Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
· Supervisory and leadership experience with large teams (50).
· Reporting and data analysis.
· Problem-solving and resolution management skills.
· Oral and written communication skills.
· Intermediate/Proficient computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred: Avimark).
· Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
· Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
· HR policies and protocol development.
· Conduct performance appraisals.
· Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team department leads.
· Make decisions confidently and effectively.
· Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
NVA General Practice is a leading veterinary community of over 1,200 independently managed hospitals united in the love of animals and the people who love them. Committed to serving the needs of pet owners in local communities around the world, NVA General Practice is driven by a mission to improve the comfort and well-being of pets through progressive and compassionate care.
Our network of hospitals creates an integrated community of medical expertise and collaboration, enabling continuous growth and learning for our animal care teams.
For more information, visit www.nva.com.